December 5, 2023 — Markham, ON.
- Honda is the winningest brand in Car and Driver award history with 92 trophies
- Sleek, powerful and electrified, Honda Accord honoured for a record 38th time, including a streak of 26 consecutive years
- 11th-generation Honda Civic honoured for the third year in a row
- 6th-generation Honda CR-V honoured for the second year in a row
In a show of design and engineering excellence, Honda has earned three 2024 Car and Driver 10Best awards for the second consecutive year, more than any other brand, with the Honda Civic and Accord selected to the 10Best Cars list and the Honda CR-V named to the 10Best Trucks and SUVs list.
With 92 total awards, Honda has won more Car and Driver awards than any other brand. At least one Honda has earned a spot on the annual 10Best list since the award’s inception in 1983.
The Honda Accord is the most awarded vehicle in Car and Driver 10Best history by a wide margin. It has made the prestigious list an incredible 38 times, including the last 26 years in a row. This is the 10th 10Best award for Civic and the fifth win for CR-V.
“We couldn’t be prouder to once again have three Honda models grace this year’s Car and Driver 10Best awards,” said Steve Hui, Assistant Vice President, Honda Canada. “This prestigious recognition is even more profound considering the Civic and CR-V are built at Honda of Canada Mfg., a testament to the commitment and expertise our Canadian associates bring to the quality of the vehicles we provide to our customers across North America.”
Accord and CR-V Hybrid models are a key step in the Honda electrification strategy. In 2023, over 35% of sales of the CR-V and Accord Hybrid trims and 20% of Honda’s total sales in Canada were electrified models. Both vehicles are powered by a new, more advanced Honda two-motor hybrid system that maximizes efficiency without compromising dynamic performance or packaging for a sportier and more comfortable driving experience.
About the Car and Driver 10Best List
To compete in 10Best, which has been the standard of excellence for more than 40 years, vehicles must be all-new vehicles, 2023 10Best winners, vehicles that were not available for the 2023 competition, and those with significant updates. All must fall under the base-price cap of $110,000 USD and be on sale no later than January 31, 2024. After two weeks of driving more than 80 new cars, trucks, and SUVs that meet those criteria, Car and Driver editors assign each vehicle a score of zero to 100. The votes are tallied and averaged to arrive at the 10Best of 2024.
Car and Driver releases two lists concurrently: 10Best Cars and 10Best Trucks and SUVs. Click here for the complete 2024 Car and Driver 10Best Cars awards story, and here for the complete 2024 Car and Driver 10Best Trucks and SUVs awards story.
Built in North America
All three Honda models on the 10Best lists are made in North America* based on the company’s longstanding commitment to build products close to the customer.
- The 11th-generation Civic Sedan is made at Honda of Canada Mfg. (HCM) in Alliston, Ontario, with the Civic Hatchback built at the Honda Indiana Auto Plant. Over 11 million Civics have been produced in North America, more than six million of those have been built at HCM.
- The 11th-generation Accord is built in the Marysville Auto Plant in Ohio. Honda has produced more than 12.5 million Accords in Ohio since U.S. production began in 1982.
- The 6th-generation CR-V is built in three plants in North America, including Honda of Canada Mfg., the East Liberty Auto Plant in Ohio and the Indiana Auto Plant. Honda has produced more than 5.5 million CR-Vs in North America, with half of those built in Canada.
- The Honda two-motor hybrid-electric power unit that powers the Accord Hybrid and CR-V Hybrid is built at the Honda Transmission Plant in Ohio. The 2.0-litre Atkinson-cycle four-cylinder engine is made at the Anna Engine Plant in Ohio. More information about production of the Honda two-motor hybrid system and 2.0-litre engine is available here.
* using domestic and globally-sourced parts
Learn more about the Honda Canada vehicle lineup see https://www.honda.ca/en/vehicles
To subscribe to the latest Honda Canada news and updates, please visit www.hondanews.ca.
About Honda Canada
Honda Canada Inc. was founded in 1969 and is the parent company for both Honda and Acura vehicle brands in Canada. Since 1986, the company has produced Honda engines and almost 10 million cars and light trucks at its Alliston, Ontario manufacturing facilities, where the Honda Civic and Honda CR-V are currently built. Honda Canada has invested over $6.5 billion in Canada, and each year sources over $3 billion in goods and services from Canadian suppliers. Since its inception, Honda Canada has sold over five million Honda and Acura passenger cars and light trucks in Canada through a dealer network of more than 280 dealerships across the country. For more information, please visit www.hondacanada.ca.